Last modified: August 6, 2018
Next Concept HR Association (NCHRA) organizes HR TechXpo and uses eventPower for web hosting and event management.
Information That You Provide to Us
- Registration. When you register for an event, you will be prompted to provide personal information including your name, email address, phone number, address, company and/or organization affiliation. In some cases, demographic information, such as your job type, industry, or company size may also be requested.
- Speakers. When you submit a call for presenters (CFP), you will be prompted to provide personal information including your name, email address, phone number, address, company and/or organization affiliation. In some cases, demographic information, such as your job type, industry, biography, or company size may also be requested.
- Exhibitors. When contracting to exhibit or sponsor at an event, we will request sales and billing contact information including your name, email address, telephone number, address, company and/or organization affiliation. Onsite contact information may be optionally requested in certain cases.
- Lead Retrieval. When you reserve Lead Retrieval services, we will request your name, email, phone number, company and/or organization affiliation.
- Account Information. Clients of eventPower will have user accounts enabled providing access to eventPower tools and reporting. For account setup, we will request your name, email address, and phone number.
- Payments. If you are purchasing services from eventPower, or through eventPower’s tools for a third-party event, you will be prompted to provide your credit card number for payment processing. eventPower uses a third-party credit card processing service who will collect and process credit card information. This service is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for credit card processing on our behalf.
- Support Requests. If you request support via email, phone, or popup web widget request, we will collect your name, email, and phone number so we can provide support.
- Contact Us / Mailing Lists. When you sign up for our mailing list(s) or utilize the contact us feature on our website, we will request that you provide your name, email, and phone number. If you agree to sign up for our newsletter or mailing list, we will contact you periodically regarding our services, software, and events.
Information that We Collect from You
- Logs.Information may be collected and stored on our server logs when you use our services or view content provided by eventPower. This may include details of how you used our service, such as what pages you viewed on our websites, your IP address, device information such as browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL. In some cases, your eventPower account information will be logged.
- Analytics. We collect analytics information when you use the Websites to help us improve them. We may also share anonymous data about your actions on our Websites with third-party service providers of analytics services.
Use of Information CollectedeventPower uses the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our systems and offer event services to our users.
By registering for an event, the information collected enables access to the event, review and approval qualifications, the processing of payments and provides on-site and post-event support.
As a sponsor or exhibitor at an event, the information is used to review and approve qualifications, process payments, provide on-site event support and publish company and organization information to attendees and the public.
We may send you emails of a transactional nature, regarding your account, or your involvement in an event. We may also send promotional communications such as providing information about our tools, services, and events, as well as news or information from our partners. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at privacy@eventPower.com or following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
We may use this information to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities. We may use this information for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
Sharing of Information Collected
- Networking tools and Mobile Applications. Mobile applications and networking tools are used at some events to help connect attendees and companies. Via these tools, you may choose to share your personal information including name, email address, company or organization affiliation. You may also choose to share demographic information, such as your job type, industry or company size.
- Event Badges. Conference badges are distributed to attendees of events. Typically the text on the badge includes name, company or organization, job title, and registration category.
- Badge Scanning. Our badges typically contain a barcode or QR code. This provides additional personal information including your mailing address, email, phone, and other information provided during the registration process. You have the option of allowing other attendees or companies to scan your badge and obtain the information. The barcode or QR code includes a unique attendee key which will provide the attendee or company additional information not encoded directly in the barcode. This information may include personal information but will not contain sensitive personal information such as credit card information. You may opt out of this process by not providing your barcode to be scanned while at the event.
- Payment Processing. eventPower may provide personal information and payment type information with our payment processors to process credit card, ACH, or e-check payments. When necessary, we may provide this information to partners to resolve unpaid contract obligations.
- Event Producer. Your personal information may be provided to the event producer for future marketing and production activities.
- Event Partner Companies. Your personal information may be shared with our partner companies to provide additional event products or services directly related to the event in which you are participating. This may include our video on-demand provider, event decorator (for exhibitor contacts) or other third-party companies.
- Legal Purposes. We must respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal requests. In addition, if actions on our site violate the usage guidelines for specific services we may take necessary legal action. We may also share such information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our service agreements, or as otherwise required by law.
- Testimonials. We may occasionally post testimonials on the Websites that may contain personal information. We obtain your consent to post your name along with your testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at privacy@eventPower.com.
- With Your Consent. We may share personal information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
Your Privacy RightsUpon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at privacy@eventPower.com.
Personal information updates may be made via a self-serve registration, speaker, or exhibitor portal. Please communicate with your eventPower point of contact, the contact information on the event website, or email privacy@eventPower.com to update your information.
To make a request to have personal information maintained by us returned to you or removed, please email privacy@eventPower.com. Requests to access, change, or remove your information will be handled within thirty (30) days.
An individual who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct or, amend inaccuracies in, or delete personal information stored or processed by us on behalf of a Client should direct his/her query to the Client (the data controller). Upon receipt of a request from one of our Client for us to remove the data, we will respond to their request within thirty (30) days.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at privacy@eventPower.com.
Dispute ResolutionWithin the scope of this privacy notice, if a privacy complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through eventPower’s internal processes, eventPower has agreed to participate in the VeraSafe Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure. Subject to the terms of the VeraSafe Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure, VeraSafe will provide appropriate recourse free of charge to you. To file a complaint with VeraSafe under the Privacy Shield Dispute Resolution Procedure, please submit the required information to VeraSafe here: https://www.verasafe.com/privacy-services/dispute-resolution/submit-dispute/
For residual Privacy Shield disputes that cannot be resolved by the methods above, you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration process under certain conditions. To find out more about the Privacy Shield’s binding arbitration scheme, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction. The Federal Trade Commission has investigation and enforcement authority over our compliance with the Privacy Shield.
If we have received your personal information under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfer it to a third party service provider for processing, we will remain responsible if they process your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
For personal information that we process on behalf of our clients, we will retain such personal information in accordance with the terms of our agreement with them, subject to applicable law.
Additional Rights for EEA and Certain Other TerritoriesIf you are from certain territories, such as the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws, including:
- Right of Erasure. In certain circumstances, you may have a broader right to erasure of personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to Object to Processing. You may have the right to request that eventPower stop processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Data Portability. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal information in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal information to another data controller without hindrance.
If you would like to exercise such rights, please contact us at privacy@eventPower.com. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Aggregated DataAggregated data may be shared publicly, and with our event producers or partners. Aggregated data does not include any personal information and usually only includes summary statistics of demographic data.
Links to other siteseventPower may include links to other sites not managed by eventPower. These sites may include, though not limited to, exhibitors, sponsors, event producers or other partners. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites. If you are asked to provide information on one of these sites, we strongly urge you to review their privacy policies before sharing your information.
Children’s Personal InformationWe do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our websites or services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Websites or Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through the Websites or Services, please contact us at privacy@eventPower.com, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
Legal Basis for Processing (EEA only)Our legal basis for collecting personal information is dependant on the specific context in which we collected. We will normally collect personal information from you only where:
- We have your consent to do so.
- Where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you.
- Where the processing is in our Client’s legitimate interests.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Business TransactionsWe may assign or transfer this Policy, as well as your account and related information and data, including any personal information, to any person or entity that acquires all or substantially all of our business, stock or assets, or with whom we merge.
- Personal information. The information provided which personally identifies you, including name, email address, phone number, and address.
- Demographic information. This is information which is not personally identifiable, but describes you or your job in a broad way. Examples of demographic information include job category, professional or personal interests, etc.
- Sensitive personal information. This is information relating to confidential information including credit card number, birthday, or other sensitive information
- Client. In many cases, eventPower acts as a Data Processor under contract with a third-party company. Where eventPower functions as the Data Processor, many decisions regarding the consent and management of personal data is the responsibility of the client (Data Controller).
- IP Address. Every computer connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number known as an internet protocol (IP) address.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit such as your preferred language and other settings.
Attn: Privacy Administrator
5205 Woodleaf Court
Centreville, VA 20120
Version HistoryAugust 6, 2018. Addition of Privacy Shield and Dispute Resolution sections in compliance with Privacy Shield certification.