Meeting Planner/Project Manager
- Provide full-cycle management of client meetings/conferences of various sizes and complexity. Includes managing the following event components: site selection/contract negotiation, financial management, travel/housing, registration, food and beverage, security, space usage, audiovisual requirements, staffing/on-site execution, and post-event analysis.
- Build and track milestones/project plans that support event objectives.
- Develop/manage detailed budgets for assigned events.
- Manage all conference marketing and communication endeavors (including social media, emails, advertisements, etc.). This also includes: conference website creation and maintenance, and association and coalition building.
- Travel to site checks, planning meetings, client conferences, as well as travel to other company conferences to assist team.
- Establish and maintain a positive, professional relationship with clients through effective, accurate, timely and reliable communication and action, always remaining one step ahead of the client in anticipation of their needs, guaranteeing that each client's expectations, requirements and requests are being met.
- Deliver complete and regular follow-up to verify that client requirements and expectations are being met. Communicate client needs/expectations to appropriate internal staff/vendors throughout project cycle.
- Work closely and effectively with eventPower staff to communicate project goals and objectives, to help allocate resources, and to establish project timetables and deliverable deadlines.
- Communicate operational problems as they arise to management.
- Work with various teams in eventPower to support the conference: registration, creative services, AV, exhibit sales, IT, and speaker management.
- Maintain project files for all assigned meetings/conferences, making sure they are kept organized and current with all information.
- Oversee the conference website for assigned meetings/conferences, ensuring completeness, timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Conference Services.
Professional Competencies and Other Requirements
- Home office in the DC, MD, VA location is required.
- While working from your home office, expectations are that you maintain at least a 40-hour workweek during standard business hours. Additional hours may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Exemplify a positive, “can-do” attitude and lead by example.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading skills to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency in the work produced.
- Experience managing mid to large-scale conferences.
- Experience managing multiple conferences at one time during the course of the year
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent follow-up and multitasking skills.
- Experience that illustrates the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Flexibility with work schedule.
- Self-motivated professional who takes the necessary steps to stay abreast of current hospitality industry trends, skills, resources and knowledge.
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of the organization.
Education and Work Experience
- 5 or more years experience in conference management.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), Certification of Meeting Management (CMM) or other industry designation is required.
Additional Desirable Qualities
- Outgoing and personable
- Team player
- A good sense of humor
- Leadership capabilities
- Health Insurance
- 401K plan/profit sharing (starts after 12 months of employment)
- 2 weeks of vacation annually
ApplyTo apply, please send an email to careers@eventPower.com.
Back to Job Listings Page