About eventPowereventPower is a rapidly growing event management company producing conferences and events in various industries. eventPower also provides tools and services to other meeting planning organizations. Our clients expect us to be on the leading-edge of tools, techniques, and practices to make every event a success. Employees of eventPower are geographically dispersed throughout the US.
Current Job Openings
- Provide management of client events/conferences of various sizes and complexity.
- Includes managing the following event components: site selection/contract negotiation, financial management, travel/housing, registration, speaker management, food and beverage, security, audiovisual requirements, staffing/on-site execution, and post-event analysis.
- Build and track milestones/project plans that support event objectives.
- Develop/manage detailed budgets for assigned events.
- Ability to learn and use software to execute hybrid/virtual events
- Manage and execute conference/event marketing and communication endeavors (including social media, emails, advertisements, etc.). This also includes: conference website creation and maintenance, and association and coalition building.
- Travel to site checks, planning meetings, client conferences, as well as travel to other company conferences to assist other team members.
- Establish and maintain a positive, professional relationship with clients through effective, accurate, timely and reliable communication and action, always remaining one step ahead of the client in anticipation of their needs, guaranteeing that each client's expectations, requirements and requests are being met.
- Deliver complete and regular follow-up to verify that client requirements and expectations are being met.
- Communicate client needs/expectations to appropriate internal staff/vendors throughout the event cycle.
- Work closely and effectively with eventPower staff to communicate project goals and objectives, to help allocate resources, and to establish project timetables and deliverable deadlines.
- Communicate operational problems as they arise to management.
- Work with various teams in eventPower to support the conference: registration, creative services, AV, exhibit sales, IT, and speaker management.
- Maintain project timelines and deliverables for all assigned meetings/conferences, making sure they are kept organized and current with all information.
- Oversee the conference website for assigned meetings/conferences, ensuring completeness, timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional Competencies and Other Requirements
- While working from your home office, expectations are that you maintain at least a 40-hour workweek during standard business hours. Additional hours may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Exemplify a positive, “can-do” attitude and lead by example.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading skills to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency in the work produced.
- Experience managing mid to large-scale conferences.
- Experience managing multiple conferences at one time during the course of the year.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent follow-up and multitasking skills.
- * Experience that illustrates the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Flexibility with work schedule.
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of the organization.
- Ability to learn internal software tools including registration, speaker management, exhibit/sponsor and virtual platform
Education and Work Experience
- Experience in conference and event management.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), Certification of Meeting Management (CMM) or other industry designation is a plus.
Additional Desirable Qualities
- Outgoing and personable
- Team player
- A good sense of humor
- Leadership capabilities
- Health Insurance
- 401K plan/profit sharing (starts after 12 months of employment)
Interested in Applying?To apply, please contact Laurie Powell at [email protected].
Our Clients are Talking
The digital resources of eventPower are impressive and created a stellar online conference experience, but the people that we worked with, Megan Corn and Heather Schulman, were the real reason that our experience was outstanding. Having Megan and Heather walk us through the process of building our online conference was invaluable. I would recommend eventPower to anyone because of the combination of outstanding technology but even better people."
- Brett Zyromski, The Ohio State University
Evidence-Based School Counseling Conference