About eventPowereventPower is a rapidly growing event management company producing conferences and events in various industries. eventPower also provides tools and services to other meeting planning organizations. Our clients expect us to be on the leading-edge of tools, techniques, and practices to make every event a success. Employees of eventPower are geographically dispersed throughout the US.
Current Job Openings:
Project Manager | Event Technology Specialist
- Provide management of client events/conferences of various sizes and complexity.
- Includes managing the following event components: site selection/contract negotiation, financial management, travel/housing, registration, speaker management, food and beverage, security, audiovisual requirements, staffing/on-site execution, and post-event analysis.
- Build and track milestones/project plans that support event objectives.
- Develop/manage detailed budgets for assigned events.
- Ability to learn and use software to execute hybrid/virtual events
- Manage and execute conference/event marketing and communication endeavors (including social media, emails, advertisements, etc.). This also includes: conference website creation and maintenance, and association and coalition building.
- Travel to site checks, planning meetings, client conferences, as well as travel to other company conferences to assist other team members.
- Establish and maintain a positive, professional relationship with clients through effective, accurate, timely and reliable communication and action, always remaining one step ahead of the client in anticipation of their needs, guaranteeing that each client's expectations, requirements and requests are being met.
- Deliver complete and regular follow-up to verify that client requirements and expectations are being met.
- Communicate client needs/expectations to appropriate internal staff/vendors throughout the event cycle.
- Work closely and effectively with eventPower staff to communicate project goals and objectives, to help allocate resources, and to establish project timetables and deliverable deadlines.
- Communicate operational problems as they arise to management.
- Work with various teams in eventPower to support the conference: registration, creative services, AV, exhibit sales, IT, and speaker management.
- Maintain project timelines and deliverables for all assigned meetings/conferences, making sure they are kept organized and current with all information.
- Oversee the conference website for assigned meetings/conferences, ensuring completeness, timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional Competencies and Other Requirements
- While working from your home office, expectations are that you maintain at least a 40-hour workweek during standard business hours. Additional hours may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Exemplify a positive, “can-do” attitude and lead by example.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading skills to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency in the work produced.
- Experience managing mid to large-scale conferences.
- Experience managing multiple conferences at one time during the course of the year.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent follow-up and multitasking skills.
- * Experience that illustrates the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Flexibility with work schedule.
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of the organization.
- Ability to learn internal software tools including registration, speaker management, exhibit/sponsor and virtual platform
Education and Work Experience
- Experience in conference and event management.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), Certification of Meeting Management (CMM) or other industry designation is a plus.
Additional Desirable Qualities
- Outgoing and personable
- Team player
- A good sense of humor
- Leadership capabilities
- Health Insurance
- 401K plan/profit sharing (starts after 12 months of employment)
Interested in Applying?To apply, please contact Laurie Powell at [email protected].
Event Technology Specialist
eventPower is looking for a technology professional to manage onsite technical operations at our events including onsite Audio/Visual (AV) and onsite Registration. While not supporting onsite events, Video Editing of in-person and virtual event sessions.
Onsite AV & Registration Support
The Onsite AV portion of this role includes planning and onsite execution of conference AV requirements. Responsibilities including managing the AV plan and set-up for each breakout or basic General Session room for any events that uses in-house AV equipment. In addition, the role oversees subcontractors and production companies for the other sessions and areas where third-party equipment will be used. An integral component to this role is the ability to communicate and coordinate with the events team to ensure that each event is successful for our speakers, clients, and attendees.
The Onsite Registration support portion of this role includes working closely with our Registration managers to plan, setup, execute, and pack-up Registration equipment to provide an exceptional first-experience for attendees at our events. Our team works closely with local and volunteer staff to check-in and badge attendees from shows ranging from 200 to 20,000 attendees. You will lead the setup of the equipment, technical troubleshooting, and assist in running the registration environment including working with our clients on reporting and their needs.
During non-travel times, your role will include video editing of sessions and event video footage. The ideal candidate will be able to organize footage in a way that conveys the intended message to the target audience. You will work closely with clients through the review and revision process within agreed-upon timelines. Utilize online platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo for product distribution.
Nashville, TN, or St. Louis, MO candidates preferred, but not required.
Travel around 40% is anticipated. Work from home during other times.
- Implement tools and systems primarily in the Ruby on Rails framework
- Upgrade, improve, and maintain existing internally developed tools
- Build new features, capabilities, and tools to satisfy the needs of our clients
- Implement new strategies, processes, frameworks, and development/test/production methodologies and environments aligned with company goals
- Quickly resolve bugs, errors or issues
- Work closely with internal users and clients to provide the best tools and systems with a goal of far surpassing our competition
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution
- Train staff on new technologies and systems
- Associates degree or comparable industry experience/training/certification (i.e. CTS).
- A minimum of 5 Years experience with conference AV production / Video Editing (Production Management is a plus)
- Well developed knowledge and competency with various AV equipment, Windows 10/11 MacOS, Google Office Suite / Microsoft Office,
- Knowledgeable with production tools including Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator & After Effects
- Intermediate IT and networking proficiency
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, experience in customer service, event management, or helpdesk experience is a plus
- Ability to self-schedule and work independently in a remote environment
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills
- Flexible, adaptive attitude, willingness to provide assistance whenever and with whatever job requires
- Must be willing to travel for meetings and event support (estimated 40%)
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Interested in Applying?To apply, please contact Laurie Powell at [email protected].
Our Clients are Talking
The digital resources of eventPower are impressive and created a stellar online conference experience, but the people that we worked with, Megan Corn and Heather Schulman, were the real reason that our experience was outstanding. Having Megan and Heather walk us through the process of building our online conference was invaluable. I would recommend eventPower to anyone because of the combination of outstanding technology but even better people."
- Brett Zyromski, The Ohio State University
Evidence-Based School Counseling Conference
eventPower in the News