Last modified: October 22, 2013
- Information you provide to eventPower. Many of our services request personal information including name, email address, telephone number, address, company or organization affiliation. In addition, sensitive personal information, such as a credit card number, may be requested. In some cases, demographic information, such as your job type, industry, or company size may also be requested. This information is typically required when someone registers for an event or applies for a position at one of our events.
- Information collected when using our services. eventPower, at times, collects information about the services that you use and how you use them. Examples include when you visit one of our websites, mobile applications, or partner websites. This information may include:
- Device information. Type device specific information including, hardware model, operating system version or web browser version.
- Log information. Information may be collected and stored on our server logs when you use our services or view content provided by eventPower. This may include:
- Details of how you used our service, such as what pages you viewed on our websites.
- IP address.
- Device event information such as browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your eventPower account.
Use of information collected
eventPower uses the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our systems and offer event services to our users.
By registering for an event or applying for a position at an event, the information collected enables access to the event, review and approval qualifications, the processing of payments and provides on-site event support.
As a sponsor or exhibitor at an event, the information is used to review and approve qualifications, process payments, provide on-site event support and publish company and organization information to attendees and the public.
Information You Share
- Networking tools and Mobile Applications. Mobile applications and networking tools are used at some events to help connect attendees and companies. Via these tools you may choose to share your personal information including name, email address, company or organization affiliation. You may also choose to share demographic information, such as your job type, industry or company size.
- Event Badges. Conference badges are distributed to attendees of events. Typically the text on the badge includes name, company or organization, job title, and registration category.
- Badge Scanning. Our badges typically contain a barcode or QR code. This provides additional personal information including your surface mailing address, email, phone, and other information provided during the registration process. You have the option of allowing other attendees or companies to scan your badge and obtain the information. The barcode or QR code includes a unique attendee key which will provide the attendee or company additional information not encoded directly in the barcode. This information may include personal information but will not contain sensitive personal information such as credit card information.
Updating Your Personal Information
Personal information updates may be made via a self-serve registration, speaker, or exhibitor portal. Please communicate with your eventPower point of contact or email registration@eventPower.com
to update any additional information.
Information We Share
Information is shared to coordinate your involvement with the event and to produce the event. Except as listed below, eventPower does not sell or share information:
- Payment processing. eventPower may provide personal information and payment type information with our payment processors to process credit card, ACH, or e-check payments. When necessary, we may provide this information to partners to resolve unpaid contract obligations.
- Event Producer. Your personal information may be provided to the event producer for future marketing and production activities.
- Event Partner Companies. Personal information may be shared with our partner companies to provide additional event products or services directly related to the event in which you are participating. This may include our video on-demand provider, event decorator (exhibitor contacts), mobile application provider or other event-specific providers.
- Barcodes on Attendee Badges. Your personal information is shared when you allow your badge to be scanned by an attendee or company.
- Legal Purposes. We must occasionally respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal requests. In addition, if actions on our site violate the usage guidelines for specific services we may take necessary legal action.
Aggregated data may be shared publicly with our event producers or partners. Aggregated data does not include any personal identifiable information and usually only includes summary statistics of demographic data.
User IDs and Passwords
The user IDs, passwords, and custom links issued to users are unique to each user. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of each individual user ID and password. The user is responsible for activities that occur under that user ID and password. Each user agrees to immediately notify eventPower of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of a user ID or password.
Cookies are used to perform many functions. Primarily they are used to remember user account information as well as current registration information. Our cookies are not used for advertising purposes and are normally set to expire when your web browser window is closed.
eventPower values your privacy and work diligently to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control by:
- Encrypting many of our services using SSL.
- Protecting information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
- Using computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption.
- Authorizing access to personal information to only those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers are managed and stored following industry best practices and PCI standards.
Links to Other Sites
eventPower may include links to other sites not managed by eventPower. These sites may include (not limited to) exhibitors, sponsors, event producers or other partners. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites. If you are asked to provide information on one of these sites, we strongly urge you to review their privacy policies before sharing your information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
You must be over the age of 13 to register for any event managed by eventPower.
- Personal information. The information provided which personally identifies you - including name, email address, phone number, and billing address.
- Demographic information. This is information which is not personally identifiable, but describes you or your job in a broad way. Examples of demographic information include job category, professional or personal interests, etc.
- Sensitive personal information. This is information relating to confidential information including credit card or other sensitive information
- IP Address. Every computer connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number known as an internet protocol (IP) address.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit such as your preferred language and other settings.
Contacting the Privacy Administrator